Cardiac Rehabilitation is an important program to help heart patients recover and regain quality of life.
Heart patients who have suffered with heart attack or angina or have had heart procedures such as bypass surgery, stents or transplants may benefit from a Cardiac Rehabilitation program. A Cardiac Rehabilitation program focuses on each individual patient's needs and goals to help improve quality of life after suffering with a condition or undergoing a heart procedure. Learn more about Cardiac Rehabilitation and its benefits:
How Does Cardiac Rehab Work?
Our Cardiac Rehabilitation program is personalized based on your specific needs. Our Cardiac Rehabilitation experts work with you to create a program that focuses on exercise and breaking bad habits. Programs meet 3 times per week for about 12 weeks (approximately 36 sessions).
What Are the Benefits?
A Cardiac Rehab program offers several potential benefits:
- May reduce recurrence of heart problems by managing an individual's risk factors
- Increases the individual's strength and physical health/functioning
- Can reduce depression and anxiety following a heart attack or heart procedure
- Lowers blood pressure and cholesterol
- Helps educate heart patient on heart disease treatment and medication options
- Helps the patient regain energy and improve the ability to perform everyday activities
If you are interested in learning more about our Cardiac Rehabilitation programs or other services here at Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point, please visit us online or give us a call at 727-869-5566.