A neurosurgeon is a doctor who performs Neurosurgery — the diagnosis and treatment of conditions affecting the brain, spinal cord, peripheral nerves, and their supporting and surrounding structures. A neurosurgeon goes through several years of education and training before working independently in the field of neurosurgery. Our Neurological Services Center at Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point boasts the best neurosurgeons and equipment in the West-Central Florida area.
Evaluation & Diagnosis
Going through the diagnosis process can be both stressful and scary. With our highly trained neurosurgeons, neurology staff and state-of-the-art medical equipment, we can accurately diagnose any neurological condition. We carefully evaluate and treat a wide variety of neurological conditions, including:
- Alzheimer's disease
- Parkinson's disease
- Stroke (ischemic or hemorrhagic)
- Multiple sclerosis
- TIA (transient ischemic attack, or “mini-stroke”)
- Brain tumors
- ALS (Lou Gehrig’s disease)
- Migraine headaches
Modern Equipment, Superior Treatment
Because our diagnostic facility contains top-notch equipment, our neurosurgeons are able to make an accurate diagnosis and provide proper treatment quickly. Our doctors use first-rate equipment, such as:
- 64 Slice CT – Our 64 Slice CT is quick, non-evasive and can create diagnostic images of the head, abdomen, spine and chest — all while using extremely low doses of radiation.
- Stealth Stereotactic System – This advanced equipment allows our neurologists to precisely locate a neurological problem.
If you have any questions about neurosurgery or our staff, or if you’d like to make an appointment, call (727) 819-2929 to be directed to our department.
Getting “Back” Your Life: Getting Rid of Lower Back Pain