Hudson, FL. (June 30, 2011)– Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point physicians, leaders, and clinicians gathered on June 30 to celebrate the Robert A. Warriner III, M.D., Center of Excellence award, which was given to Regional Wound Care at Bayonet Point because it has met the Center of Distinction quality standards for two consecutive years. This Center has achieved patient satisfaction rates over 90%, an 89% healing rate in 30 median days, among other quality standards.
The Wound Care Center is a member of the DCS Clinical Network of over 325 centers, with access to benchmarking data and experience of treating over two million chronic wounds. In 2010, Regional Wound Care Center & Hyperbaric Center treated over 423 patients were provided specialized treatment, often preventing amputations and helping patients return to active lives.
Shalin Shah, CFO of Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point, commented on the award, “Our outstanding team enables us to meet the increasing need for specialized wound care. We are thrilled to accept these awards, and proud to offer this quality Center to our community."
“We’re honored, “said Dr. Donald Vierling, Medical Director. “It’s a privilege to be part of a great collaborative effort between the hospital and DCS. Together, we are able to heal patients in our community, getting them get back to living happy, healthy lives.”
First row, L-R: Douglas Cohen DPM, Donald Vierling MD (Medical Director), Charles Boothby DO, and Douglas Jordan DPM. Second row, L-R: Georgia Martin, Donna Ritter CHT, Linda Malone RN, Ester Gonzalez RN, Doreen Flood CAN Third row: John Odell (Director)
*Not pictured Bonnie Kuerner, RN and Mary Ellen Gotto, RN
About Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point
Regional Medical Center Bayonet has been serving the community since 1981. We are a 290-bed acute care facility located in Hudson, FL and home of the nationally acclaimed Heart Institute. We have over 350 physicians, 900 employees and 500 volunteers who comprise our integrated healthcare delivery team.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has achieved distinction in the following areas:
- Certified Advanced Heart Failure – Joint Commission (1st in the State of Florida – 1/2010)
- Certified Advance Primary Stroke Center – Joint Commission
- American Heart Association 2010 Get With the Guidelines Triple Performance Award Winner
- Gold Award in Coronary Artery Disease
- Gold Plus Award in Heart Failure
- Gold Plus Award in Stroke
- American Heart Association’s 2009 Stroke Silver Plus Performance Award Winner (1st in State of Florida)
- Heart & Stroke Champions Award Winner 1998 – 2010
- Wound Care and Accredited Hyperbaric Medicine
- MRI, CT, and Nuclear Medicine Accredited – American College of Radiology
- Approved, with Commendation, Community Cancer Program – American College of Surgeons.
- Accredited Chest Pain Center, with PCI – Society of Chest Pain Centers.
- Designated a 100 Top Hospital seven years by Thomson Reuters
- Named twice (1999 & 2002) by U.S. News & World Report as one of America’s Best Hospitals in Heart and Heart Surgery.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point is located at14000 Fivay Road
Hudson, FL. 34667. For additional information on Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point visit www.rmchealth.com or www.heartoftampa.com. Or visit us on Facebook.
About Diversified Clinical Services
Diversified Clinical Services (DCS), located in Jacksonville, Florida, is the world’s largest wound care management company with over 325 hospital partners delivering excellent evidence-based care to patients with chronic wounds. DCS has been the leader in wound care for over 20 years, offering the most advanced modalities–including adjunctive hyperbaric oxygen therapy. Providing outstanding wound care is DCS’ entire focus. Our leaders are internationally recognized experts in wound care, who research, teach, and guide quality-improvement initiatives such as DCS’ Clinical Practice Guidelines. Based on our experience of treating more than two million wounds, DCS Centers achieve excellent outcomes as measured by our i-heal® clinical management system, including a high rate of limb salvage, an 89% heal rate, median days-to-heal of 30, and high patient satisfaction. Together, we heal wounds and improve patients’ lives.