Date: August 27, 2010
Contact: Kurt J. Conover
Making the decision to have a PSA test to screen for prostate cancer depends on a variety of factors, such as the individual’s age, family history and personal preferences. Dr. Tannenbaum will discuss the latest thinking on who should get a PSA screening test, answer questions and encourage participants to discuss their personal needs for PSA screening with their physician.
This presentation is sponsored by Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point and will take place at Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point, Conference Center, 14000 Fivay Road, in Hudson, on Wednesday, September 22 at 3:00 p.m.
This event is free to the public. Refreshments will be served. Due to limited seating, reservations are required, and can be made by calling (727) 869-5498 or 1-888-741-5119.
About Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has achieved distinction in the following areas:
- Certified Advanced Heart Failure – Joint Commission (1st in the State of Florida – 1/2010)
- Certified Advance Primary Stroke Center – Joint Commission
- American Heart Association 2010 Get With the Guidelines Triple Performance Award Winner
- Gold Award in Coronary Artery Disease
- Gold Plus Award in Heart Failure
- Gold Plus Award in Stroke
- American Heart Association’s 2009 Stroke Silver Plus Performance Award Winner (1st in State of Florida)
- Heart & Stroke Champions Award Winner 1998 – 2010
- Wound Care and Accredited Hyperbaric Medicine
- MRI Accredited – American College of Radiology
- Approved, with Commendation, Community Cancer Program – American College of Surgeons.
- Accredited Chest Pain Center, with PCI – Society of Chest Pain Centers.
- Designated a 100 Top Hospital seven years by Thomson Reuters
- Named twice (1999 & 2002) by U.S. News & World Report as one of America’s Best Hospitals in Heart and Heart Surgery.