Hudson, Florida (August 10, 2010) – Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has announced the recipients of its second quarter Five Star Award. The recipients are Frank Calnan, Gus Jakobs and Barbara (Bunny) Stasolla.
Frank Calnan started volunteering February 2000. He has over 2,514 hours. Frank volunteers in our Surgical Waiting Room. He is very pleasant and patient with everyone especially nervous and stressed out family members. He calms them down with his ready smile and his willingness to help them in any way he can. Frank always goes the extra mile for everyone whether they are a guest, physician, staff member or volunteer. He is an excellent example to all of us and is truly deserving of the Volunteer 5 Star Award.
Gu s Jakobs started volunteering in January 2002 and has volunteered over 3408 hours. Gus is a Courier Team Leader on Thursday evenings. He has the unique ability to put everyone at ease, keep a smile on their face and keep the shift going even if there is only 1 or 2 couriers. Somehow they get the work done.
As one of his peers said “Gus goes above and beyond his duties. He is a great leader for all the other couriers.” Gus is truly deserving of the 5 Star Volunteer Award.
Barbara (Bunny) Stasolla has been volunteering since November 2002 and has over 1,410 hours. Bunny volunteers at Welcome Center A. She does exceptionally well at helping visitors. She does everything she can to keep them happy by making sure they get the information they need and goes out of her way to get answers to all questions. Bunny does this challenging job with a smile. Bunny is truly deserving of the 5 Star Volunteer Award.
Photo: Two of the three RMCBP 5-Star Winners ( L to R – Gus Jacobs and Frank Calnan); the third winner, Barbara (Bunny) Stasolla, was not present for photo.
About Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has achieved distinction in the following areas:
- Certified Advanced Heart Failure – Joint Commission (1st in the State of Florida – 1/2010)
- Certified Advance Primary Stroke Center – Joint Commission
- American Heart Association 2010 Get With the Guidelines Triple Performance Award Winner
- Gold Award in Coronary Artery Disease
- Gold Plus Award in Heart Failure
- Gold Plus Award in Stroke
- American Heart Association’s 2009 Stroke Silver Plus Performance Award Winner (1st in State of Florida)
- Heart & Stroke Champions Award Winner 1998 – 2010
- Wound Care and Accredited Hyperbaric Medicine
- MRI Accredited – American College of Radiology
- Approved, with Commendation, Community Cancer Program – American College of Surgeons.
- Accredited Chest Pain Center, with PCI – Society of Chest Pain Centers.
- Designated a 100 Top Hospital seven years by Thomson Reuters
- Named twice (1999 & 2002) by U.S. News & World Report as one of America’s Best Hospitals in Heart and Heart Surgery.