Rao Musunuru, M.D. a local cardiologist was recognized as the “2010 Physician of the Year” by the Florida Association of Physicians of Indian Origin (FAPI).
He received the award in recognition of his outstanding contributions and excellence in the field of medicine and humanity. The award was presented at organization’s Annual Banquet that was held in Tampa on Friday, June 19.
About Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has achieved distinction in the following areas:
· Certified Advanced Heart Failure – Joint Commission (1st in the State of Florida – 1/2010)
· Certified Advance Primary Stroke Center – Joint Commission
· American Heart Association 2009 Get With the Guidelines Triple Performance Award Winner
o Gold Award in Coronary Artery Disease
o Gold Award in Heart Failure
o Silver Award in Stroke
· American Heart Association’s 2009 Stroke Silver Plus Performance Award Winner (1st in State of Florida)
· Heart & Stroke Champions Award Winner 1998 – 2010
· Wound Care and Accredited Hyperbaric Medicine
· MRI Accredited – American College of Radiology
· Approved, with Commendation, Community Cancer Program – American College of Surgeons.
· Accredited Chest Pain Center, with PCI – Society of Chest Pain Centers.
· Designated a 100 Top Hospital seven years by Thomson Reuters
· Named twice (1999 & 2002) by U.S. News & World Report as one of America’s Best Hospitals in Heart and Heart Surgery.